Where the magic happened. The original series designed the principal series by J.K. Rowling who retraces Harry Potter story during his scholarship at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Each novel corresponds to a year-long period of time.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (or Philosopher’s Stone) — On his tenth birthday, Harry learns that he is a wizard and is to go off to Hogwarts, a prestigious school for wizards and witches. Harry and his friends, Hermione and Ron, soon discover that something shady is going on, and they must save Hogwarts from the very sorcerer who killed Harry’s parents.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets — In Harry’s second year at Hogwarts, fresh torments and horrors arise, including an outrageously stuck-up new professor, Gilderoy Lockhart, a spirit named Moaning Myrtle who haunts the girls’ bathroom, and the unwanted attentions of Ron Weasley’s younger sister, Ginny. But each of these seem minor annoyances when the real trouble begins, and someone—or something—starts turning Hogwarts students to stone.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban—For twelve long years, the dread fortress of Azkaban held an infamous prisoner named Sirius Black. Convicted of killing thirteen people with a single curse, he was said to be the heir apparent to the Dark Lord, Voldemort. Now he has escaped and Harry Potter isn’t safe, not even within the walls of his magical school, surrounded by his friends. Because on top of it all, there may well be a traitor in their midst.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire — The Triwizard Tournament is to be held at Hogwarts. Only wizards who are over seventeen are allowed to enter. Then at Hallowe’en, when the Goblet of Fire makes its selection, Harry is amazed to find his name is one of those that the magical cup picks out. He will face death-defying tasks, dragons and dark wizards, but with the help of his best friends, Ron and Hermione, he might just make it through—alive!
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix — In his fifth year at Hogwart’s, Harry faces challenges at every turn, from the dark threat of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named and the unreliability of the government of the magical world to the rise of Ron Weasley as the keeper of the Gryffindor Quidditch Team.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince—Secrets and suspicion are spreading through the wizarding world, and Hogwarts itself is not safe. Harry is convinced that Malfoy bears the Dark Mark: there is a Death Eater amongst them. Harry will need powerful magic and true friends as he explores Voldemort’s darkest secrets, and Dumbledore prepares him to face his destiny…
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — The protective charm that has kept Harry safe until now is broken, but he cannot keep hiding. The Dark Lord is breathing fear into everything Harry loves and to stop him Harry will have to find and destroy the remaining Horcruxes. The final battle must begin—Harry must stand and face his enemy…
- The Philosopher’s Stone (1997)
- The Chamber of Secrets (1998)
- The Prisoner of Azkaban (1999)
- The Goblet of Fire (2000)
- The Order of the Phoenix (2003)
- The Half-Blood Prince (2005)
- The Deathly Hallows (2007)